I am a money saver at heart, but with a 4-year-old and working full-time it can sometimes be challenging to find the extra time needed to really put some effort into saving. When I was approached by Flipp – an app that I already know and love – to share some of my everyday money-saving tips I had to jump on the chance. Most of my tips actually revolve around this revolutionary app which makes it super easy for anyone to jump on board and start saving money – today.
If you haven’t heard of Flipp, you’re missing out! A free app available in the U.S. and Canada, Flipp digitally aggregates over 400 retail flyers from national chains as well as hundreds of local stores to help consumers find the latest sales in their community – or wherever they happen to be traveling. All this at your fingertips, no more having to carry flyers with you, and no more worrying about recycling everything each week! By combining all of your favorite circulars into one paperless on-the-go at your fingertips app, they’ve created a much greener, time effective solution to everyday grocery challenges.
My personal favorite aspect of Flipp is that it goes where my phone goes. Let’s be serious, how many of us travel without our phones? Not very many! I’m more likely to forget my keys then my phone. If I happen to be out and haven’t had a chance to look through the flyers, I can build my shopping list at my desk at work, or while standing in the store. With build in alerts, you’ll never miss a hot deal again!
So, you’re probably wondering.. just HOW can you save money with Flipp? If I can do it, so can you!
1. Meal planning – our number 1 tip, which is no surprise to many busy homes. Knowing what you are going to make ahead of time, or preparing meals in advance can help cut time in the kitchen and at the grocery store. The less time you spend wandering the aisles, the less likely you are to impulse shop. Flipp makes this easy, once you have a recipe in mind search for specific ingredients and find the lowest price available – win!
- Use Flipp’s built-in search function to find everything you need to tackle meal planning – without the headache. Use the shopping list feature to make sure you remember everything crucial to your weeks success.
2. Price Matching – no surprise on this one either, as a former extreme couponer one of my best tricks for cutting down my grocery bill was price matching. Generally my time to grocery shop is limited and I will hit the closest store that price matches. With all of my flyers at the touch of my fingertips it cuts my time at the check-out in half! Just make sure your local store will accept flyers on an App – most do now!
- Tap an item in a flyer to clip it for easy access while shopping and price-matching, no more flipping through flyers at the check-out trying to find that circled item!
3. Use coupons – whenever possible, use a coupon! You would be surprised at how often a 50c coupon can add up when you use them regularly. With Flipp, you can easily search for products you have coupons for and find their lowest price – use this to price match and sometimes you can more than double your savings. Remember to keep your coupons organized by expiry so you don’t miss out on using the good ones! I always keep my best coupons in my purse at all times, you never know when you might need to make an unexpected stop.
4. Make a list – Flipp helps keep you on track with their integrated Shopping List! Gone are the days of post-its and scrap paper. Add needed items from any device, and sync directly to your phone for on the go shopping.
- The shopping list is at the centre of your weekly shopping trip. Get ahead by adding items to your list and Flipp will find all the local deals for you. Take your shopping list with you in-store to quickly check off items and stay organized. Price match like a pro at the checkout!
5. Know your prices – one of the most valuable lessons you can learn when it comes to saving money at the check out is knowing your high and low prices. Just because an item goes on “sale” doesn’t always mean it is the best possible price. Using Flipp for your regular shopping can help determine the lowest price an item is likely to go at your nearby stores.
The wonderful thing about these tips is that Flipp has absolutely everything integrated into the app to help with every aspect! Add even just 1 or 2 of these handy tips to your weekly grocery shop and you’ll definitely notice a decrease in time at the grocery store and more savings on your bill. That isn’t all though, with Flipp 2.0 you will have access to this and many more useful features:
- Flip – Browse through all of your weekly local flyers quickly and intuitively
- Shopping List – Plan ahead and stay organized while shopping by adding items to the digital list, discovering matching offers from your local flyers, and checking them off in-store
- Search – Easily find a specific store, item or brand
- Clippings – Tap an item in a flyer to clip it for easy access while shopping and price-matching
- Item Details – Tap and hold on an item for additional product information and reviews
- Discount Slider – Highlights the best savings in the flyer to find them at-a-glance
- Notifications – Reminders about expiring clippings and nearby offers ensure you never miss a deal
Flipp knows that my time, and yours is valuable. They’ve taken painstaking efforts to create a seamlessly easy to navigate app to make your shopping just that much easier.