The main focus for 2015 in our family was being present, we were determined to spend more time focusing on our family health across all avenues. We started being more active even if it just meant going to the park, we also tried to introduce more healthy snack and food options to our diets in hopes of promoting a healthy food relationship with our 3 year old daughter.
I’ll admit though, sometimes searching for things can become very daunting. Everyone has an opinion, or a product that they either love, or dislike! It’s hard to decide if something is for you without seeing or trying it first hand. This is one of the main reasons I am so excited to be a blog ambassador for the Healthy Family Expo this year, I am eager to learn and soak in all the event has to offer.
The Healthy Family Expo is a one-day, fun-filled information packed event for lower mainland families with kids aged 0-12 (or caregivers!), offering small steps and simple solutions to leading a healthy, active, eco-friendly lifestyle. Not sure where to start? The expo is the place to be. With over 100+ vendors, there is no shortage of information, places to shop, foods to sample and if you are the car loving type, you can even test drive some hybrid friendly vehicles.
Now, it’s a FAMILY expo, so we can’t forget about the kids. Bring along the monkeys and let them tackle the BIGGEST Active Kids Zone in lower mainland. Climbing walls, bouncing, a giant hamster ball track, Tumblebus, a run bike area, baby crawl zone and some family fitness fun! It is the perfect area to let the kids burn off some steam! Trade off with your partner (or shopping buddy) and get in some kid-free browsing while they get their exercise on.
That’s not all though, if you’re a regular reader then you probably already know how much Alivia LOVES Bobs & Lolo, they will be at the Healthy Family Expo putting on some live shows for the kids at 11am and 2pm, another perfect way to get the kids up, moving, and having fun.
I’m most looking forward to learning some new ways to teach my daughter sustainability and learning more about our environment. I am passionate about helping her understand where her food comes from and why we make the choices that we do for her dinner plate. Want to join me? Event details + giveaway below!
When: Sunday March 29, 2015 from 10am-5pm
Where: Vancouver Convention Centre, East Building
Tickets: $8.00 – advance ticket pricing (available online at Healthy Family Expo, or at Whole Foods & London Drugs)
$12.00 – cash at the door (13+)
Kids 12 & under – FREE!
* First 200 attendees receive child day ticket to the Sea to Sky Gondola
Advance ticket purchases are entered to win a 2015/2016 family season’s pass to Cypress Mountain and $1 from each ticket sale supports the Canucks Autism Network.
To kick off all the excitement, Healthy Family Expo partners & exhibitors have teamed up to give ONE lucky winner a prize package worth over $2000. Yep, you read that right. $2000! What is in this amazing package!?
- Family Summer Season’s Pass (2 adults / 2 children) to Sea to Sky Gondola ($300 value)
- $50 gift card to Whole Foods Market from Toyota Canada
- $50 gift card to London Drugs
- 1-month Translink Farecard for one-zone travel by bus, SeaBus and SkyTrain services provided by TravelSmart ($91 value)
- Sliding area birthday party package for up to 8 kids at Cypress Mountain ($120 value)
- Starter package & 2-week service from Happy Baby Cheeks Cloth Diaper Service ($95 value)
- Family pass for 2-hour climb (2 adults / 2 children) at Climb Base5 ($93 value)
- AspenClean Whole Home Cleaning Kit from Susan Upton of RE/MAX Select Properties ($70 value)
- Sonicare electric toothbrush from PDG Pediatric Dental Group ($59.95 value)
- Annual perks membership to Modern Mama ($50 value)
- $50 gift certificate to Yaya Baby
- $50 gift certificate to Boomers & Echoes Kids & Maternity
- $50 gift certificate from BC Playthings
- WaterBox prize pack from Happy Water ($50 value)
- $50 gift certificate from UNDERABLES
- Love Child Organics gift pack full of pure, healthy delicious products ($50 value)
- Naked Coconuts trio including soy-free seasoning sauce, coconut nectar & coconut oil ($50 value)
- Summer 2015 kids bike camp gift pack from PedalHeads ($50 value)
- Ra Energy gift pack ($50 value)
- Just Jingo Body Botanicals gift pack including diaper/belly/nursing balms, and deodorant ($65 value)
- Gift pack including 2 dressings & CheeSauce from RawFoodz, and Brussel Bytes, Snip Chips and CocoRoons from Wonderfully Raw ($50 value)
- aden+anais cozy sleeping bag from Jill Parker of Little Dreamers Consulting ($53.99 value)
- $50 gift card for online shopping from VONBON
- Gnubees rainbow-pack from GnuSanté, including 15 pouches of your favourite lunchbox no-brainer! ($50 value)
This giveaway runs from March 2nd to 25th, 2015, Winner will be announced at the Healthy Family Expo Facebook Party on Thursday, March 26th, 2015. Winner must collect all prizes at the Healthy Family Expo live event at the Vancouver Convention Centre on Sunday, March 29th, 2015, open from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm.