The Fair at the PNE opens THIS WEEKEND! Who’s excited? You might even get to see someone you recognize!
New attractions include;
- Game of Thrones®: The Exhibition
- Mosaic Music Series
- ToonCity – Entertainment & Play Area
- A Circus in Wonderland
- Jigu! Thunder Drums of China
- Mystic India – Bollywood Dance Spectacular
- Timber! – A Stompin’ Lumberjack Shindig
- Get Animated! Interactive Animation Exhibit
- Just For Cats: Internet Cat Video Festival
These exhibits are only happening this year, so make sure to take a pit stop and check them out!
Saturday August 16 – September 1, open from 11am-LATE (with weather permitting), unfortunately they are closed both Monday’s again this year.
With prices starting at $8 for seniors, $16 for ages 14-64 and children 13 and under FREE there’s really no excuse to not check out The Fair this year. Check your local Safeway, Overwaitea Foods, 7-11 or Urban fair for discounted gate/ride passes to maximize the savings on this trip. Looking to save on all the admissions? Buy your tickets online. Parking on-site will cost you $16.
On the Frugal side of things;
Taking your whole family to Playland can cost a small fortune, let’s be serious. I usually try to wait until The Fair to head down and go on some rides as I really feel I am getting the most for my money when I can do everything all in one day. There’s some definite tips to save when visiting The Fair, it’s pretty easy to want to sample just about every food vendor but try to eat before you get there. If you’re parking on the grounds, pack a lunch and treat yourself to something decadent instead of eating entirely on the grounds. For drinks, it’s usually a pretty good deal to buy their refillable giant cup to share (it’s huge!) with your family; your friends may not want to share a straw. 😉
Don’t forget to mark down the admission discount days!
- August 16 & 17 – FREE admission to any first responders, you must provide a valid ID, retired or active, it’s your day!
- August 19 – FREE gate admission for everyone from 11am-1pm, re-entrance stamps will only be given after 1pm, so try to plan to stay the day if you want to take advantage of the free admission.
- August 20 – Buy 1 get 1 free ride passes, split the cost with a friend and you’ll both save.
- August 21 – Seniors day! Free admission for visitors 65+
- August 27 – Vancity members day, $5 for members and a friend!